Forsaken Bloodlines
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Humans Witches Werewolves Vampires

HomeLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in

The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks

Go down 
2 posters
AuthorMessage
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks Empty
PostSubject: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:30 am

Esmeralda had come back to the castle as fast as her horse had allowed her, empowered by the whirlwind of emotion stemming from the argument with her aunt she had ridden all through the night no even bothering to rest. Leaving her horse with the stable hands as she tried her best to fix herself up, wet from the rain in the night. She got in well after noon knowing that if she tarried much longer that she would be caught like this. She had even forgotten to leave her sash/bag with the herbal ingredients back at the glacier, knowing she would have to hide them or find some place to stash it. Ringing out that long raven hair as she proceeded inside, borrowing one of the stable blankets to dry herself off. Heading through the great hall to proceed up the stairs to 'her princesses' chambers. She found oh so ironic that Charlotte would never know that she in a way was akin to a princess herself being the heir to her clan.... or at least was for now. Quickly shaking her head to put it out of her mind, she had just gotten away from her aunt and the clan to not have to think about stuff like that.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:46 am

Charlotte walked through the hall after talking with Ping. She told him that she would call for him if she was going to leave the castle and that he should go spend some time with his sister before tomorrow when he would be required to spend the day with her to protect her.

That's when she spotted Esmeralda.

"ESME!" She waved excitedly. She quickly ran over to her. She gave Esme a mock stern look. "And what are you doing coming in so late young lady?"
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 11:52 am

Esme came to a dead halt so surprised to see Charlotte, quickly she moved the bag behind her and grinned up at the princess before taking a graceful curtsey "Your highness... forgive me, it was a family matter. I wanted to tell you but it couldn't wait" proceeding to exit the curtsey and just smile before she noticed the bandages "My lady! what in the world happened to you? your father is going to kill me, I am supposed to be watching over you"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:08 pm

Charlotte grinned as she moved forward giving Esme a hug. "I figured it had to be something like that. And I won't let Daddy kill you over a few bumps and bruises. Last night I went out. On my way back I was attacked by a werewolf. I was able to get away. Daddy has also assigned me a body guard again so I can't get hurt again." Charlotte slipped her arm through Esmeralda's. "I hope everyone is good at home." She rested her head on Esme's shoulder. "You want to go for a walk? I'm a bit bored."
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:15 pm

Esme laughed a little at the princesses adventurous nature hugging the girl back "You must stop being so informal with me, doing so infront of others may get us both in trouble" shaking her head "A werewolf?! oh im sure he got more then he bargained for trying to take you on drunk, your a terribly mad drunk. If I had been there you would have had a very lovely throw rug for you bed chambers" chuckling "Fine. I shall take you out for a walk, but only if we can get back before your father catches us.... and I have a few things to drop by the medicine chest, your adventures are making the poor physicians supplies low" teasing her lightly
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:34 pm

Charlotte gave a chuckle as they walked. "I only had one drink for your information." Charlotte stuck out her tongue. "And I am not a mean Drunk." She said indignantly. "I'm a fun drunk and you should know that." She giggled. "And I did make him regret coming after me. I hit my head so I don't remember everything but I do remember stabbing him in the side with my heal daggers." She grinned. "And I told him I wanted a new rug or bath mat." She said jokingly. "And I didn't need that much in the medical supply department. Just some ointment and wraps." She shrugged. "But fine we'll go to the medical chest."
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 12:53 pm

"Terribly fun? oh yes im sure thats what the werewolf thought when you stabbed him" Esme teased back and giggled, she was glad that her aunt had given her this assignment. While Charlotte was only a human she was a delightful individual to be around and they had very kindred spirits. Smirking at her comment that she only needed bandages and ointment "Oh? just for today? how about last week? or the day before that? your always into trouble, its a wonder your father hasn't fired me yet I think my peasant ways are a terrible influence on you"

Walking with the princess she gently stopped by the medicine chest and gently poured out the herbs from her bag, things gathered from the forests "I picked them while riding back from my home, my mother sends her regards to you and your father wishing you both a long happy life"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:00 pm

Charlotte smiled. "Esme I was getting in trouble long before you came along." She grinned. "And I haven't been hurt in a while so there." She stuck her tongue out again.

Charlotte sighed thinking again about when she tried to get her father to consider an alliance with the witches.
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:24 pm

Esmerelda just laughed at that "Well im grateful a bit for your wildness my lady... without that I would be without a job" finishing setting the last of it up as she looked over at Charlotte "What are you thinking about now? if you think im going to be convinced to help you escaped the castle after you get attacked by a werewolf.... well.... only if I can come too"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:42 pm

Charlotte smiled sweetly. "No need to sneak out. Daddy assigned me a good guy as a body guard so as long as we take him with us it's fine." She sighed again. "Yesterday before I went out Daddy gave me and some other soldiers a new weapon. At the meeting I suggested to him that making an alliance with the witches but he completely stonewalled me like always. He says that they will just betray us and that if they wanted to work with us that will be different but... well someone has to extend the hand of friendship and someone has to do it first." She sighed with exasperation.
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:48 pm

Esmeralda laughed at that before gently poking the princess "If we told your guard where we were going then he would stop us from having all the fun now wouldnt he? like say.... tracking down that werewolf?" grinning now with that mischievous look of her own. Before looking quite shocked when Charlotte brought up weapons and an alliance with the witches "New weapons for the guards? and....- my lady, your father is just trying to do what he thinks is best. I mean, witches? why would you want an alliance with them?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 1:59 pm

Charlotte sighed as she leaned more into Esmeralda closing her eyes. "Witches are the only clan we don't have a real reason to hate, Esme. The only reason we don't trust them are they have powers we don't. The vampires killed my sisters turning them, and the werewolves betrayed my father and killed my aunt after she gave birth to my cousin. Witches have never done anything to us to make us not trust them they're just different. I just thought... if we could work together we could stop a lot of death before they happened. I just figured one less enemy couldn't hurt, right?" She sighed sadly thinking of all the death that would come.
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:10 pm

"....." Esme became very silent for a moment as she looked down at Charlotte quite surprised to hear this from the daughter of the man who hated every supernatural in this world. Her voice becomming softl when she finally spoke "... some members of the clergy tell us that witches and warlocks are born as beings of sin. Which is why they are more common in females, because they bore the original sin. But... it is a scary thought, they look and act just like regular humans. What if it isnt really an act? what if they are like us? I do not believe that your father sees it that way though. Without his approval how could you propose such an alliance? Especially after your father has made new weapons"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:26 pm

"A weapon that can be used against any of the clans. It can have silver bullets for Werewolves hurt Vampires and kill humans just as easily as a witch. Maybe even more so because witches heal easier then humans because of their skills. And all that original sin stuff... that's just something we've been told. There's no proof. We should give them a chance. They have a right to show us that they aren't monsters and we have a right to show them we aren't either. They probably think we're monsters just like we think of them. And you can't get support of something like that if you don't talk. I had to try. My father said that if the witches were willing to come to us for help then he would consider it. I just thought that... it would be worth a try talking to him about it."
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:40 pm

"Silver what? my lady, i've never heard of a bullet. Is it like an arrow?" confused an slightly curious at the mention of such a weapon. Not to mention afraid, if it was that strong and turned on her clan? then what would happen? it seems like the humans have become an even bigger threat than she thought. Gently moving to take Charlotte's hand ".... it is a long shot my lady, witches have been persecuted by humans.... I saw a burning once when I was little, it is doubtful they would even come out of hiding. They look just like us so its impossible to tell who they are and no one has ever found their circle past the forests, it is hidden by their magic. Your father is a harsh and cruel man sometimes, not one witch would let him or his soldiers anywhere near that place ESPECIALLY if they found out your father had made new weapons.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 2:56 pm

Charlotte nodded. "I know that's why I know we would have to be the ones to extend the friendship. They have no reason to trust us." Charlotte held Esme's hand as they talked. "I just know that if they were our allies we would be safer. Think about it. We humans have the ability to adapt and witches have the ability to move forward and heal. I think if we could get past the prejudices we've been taught we could be great allies."
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 3:00 pm

Esme smirked at that before letting Charlotte's hand go to fold her arms over her chest and look at the princess skeptically "Alright.... say you do find a witch? how in the world are you going to convince them an alliance is a good thing" pretending to think up a clever idea moving in front of Charlotte "Pretend im a witch, what would you say?"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 3:18 pm

Charlotte's eyes widened for a moment and then she smiled. "Hmm." She thought for a second and got a rare serious look on her face. "Well first I would thank you for meeting with me of course. And then I'd start with The Vampires. I'll start with exactly what I would say. 'I can't claim to know the depths of wounds my clan has inflicted on yours and I can do nothing to right them but say I am sorry. I do not know your history with the other clans besides hearsay and that is not something you should start a negotiation with. But I do know of your hate for the Vampires. I feel that if we start on common ground we may, at the very least be able to have a ceasefire between our peoples so that we can avoid unnecessary death on both our sides. And maybe someday in the future be able to work together for the good of both our people. I know that people of my clan are taught by the clergy that your people are born sinners but the fact is that according to the same book we are all born that way. What is said about your people is just a way to make my people from an early age hate and mistrust you. I think you have a right to prove them wrong.' That's how I would start after I finished introducing myself of course." She smiled up at Esme. "How did it sound to you? Of course I'll probably never get to say it to a real witch but I can hope right?" She sighed sadly and put her head back on Esmeralda's shoulder again.
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 3:24 pm

Esme tilted her head to listen to the speech, it well.. it was good but it needed a lot of work. And to be honest Esmeralda wasn't even sure what Charlotte was saying is anywhere close to the truth gently coughing ".... any witch with half a brain is going to think your lieing, your the daughter of the king and the best you thought of was 'hello good sirs you hate this person too? lets stop killing eachother for as long as it takes to kill them'? not to mention the sigh and the cute pout ain't gonna help you here my lady. Not one witch is stupid enough not to realize you could be as clever as your father. What proof do you have that your not lieing? think my little princess.... these are people your father has ordered burned or imprisoned they aren't going to join forces because you asked nicely and MIGHT keep your end of the truce at least until the vampires are gone"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptySun Jul 01, 2012 3:51 pm

Charlotte sighed and nodded. She felt a little hurt by Esme's words but she made a good point. "I'm not saying that's all of what I would say and I know that the vampire thing wouldn't be the end all be all of the deal. But I don't know how the witches feel about werewolves so I wouldn't want to bring them up too soon because I could alienate a potential ally. And I would meet with them on there own terms of course. I must show I trust them before they would be willing to trust me obviously. At most I would take one or two people with me if I was to be allowed an audience with the witch leaders. They would out number us greatly. I'm not saying I'd be able to make a lasting peace but maybe it could be a start. That's all I want right now. To start mending fences. I hate the vampires. They took my sisters from me before I could even know them. I don't trust the Werewolves at all after the death of my aunt but the witches have only ever been persecuted by my people. I want that to end. If we can start on common ground then we can move forward from there. I once heard a saying, 'to be in a relationship you don't have to like the same things but you do have to hate the same thing.' I just figured it's a place to start." She shrugged hopefully.
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:13 am

"True, but relationships are also built on trust... and usually it's the most adversarial party that must lay down their arms first before the other will give trust back. Charlotte you would have to go alone, and lay down your weapons.... not only that but blindfolded so that you could never find their home again. If I was a witch, that and that alone would convince me to take you there. But luckily for you im not, or else I might have poisoned your tea ages ago" chuckling at that before she proceeded with the princess "Come now... lets find our way out of here without the guards, and have some fun before that body guard of yours shows up"
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:30 am

Charlotte smiled and giggled. "I think I'd be willing to do that but lets go have fun. Ping, my new guard is spending the rest of the day with his sister before he starts the job full time tomorrow. And he's really very sweet. But lets go. He's the eager type if he sees us he's going to want to come with us." Charlotte took Esme's hand and pulled her toward the door she had come into just a short time ago.
Back to top Go down
Esmeralda

Esmeralda

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:38 am

Esmerelda grinned at that and just quickly ran off with the princess through the doors and out they went. Getting her horse from the stables and Charlotte's before se struck out with a laugh "Race you!" kicking her horse into a gallop out the front gates.
Back to top Go down
Charlotte

Charlotte

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks EmptyMon Jul 02, 2012 10:44 am

Charlotte and jumped onto the back of her own horse and road off after her friend. She didn't care which of them got there first.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks   The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks Empty

Back to top Go down

The naughty maid in the great hall with a bag of tricks
Page 1 of 1

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
Forsaken Bloodlines :: Castle :: Great Hall-
Jump to: